Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Banana & Almond Milk Shake



When I was at school or uni, whenever my girl friends and I visited Hudson or Gloria Jeans, I had never missed ordering a glass of chilled milk shake. I liked milk shakes back then and even more so when I grow up. Milk shake is easy and fun to make at home and virtually costs nothing significant to make it. All you need is your own selection of fruit plus ice cream and some milk. Of course you can make it as fancy as you wish by mucking around with the ingredients of your choice. Most of the time, we still prefer using banana.

I used Ciara brand of almond milk in this recipe. I have never heard about this brand before. We randomly selected it from the top shelf of the long life milk aisle and it was marked as clearance stock when we bought it. This product must have been planogrammed so poorly that no one even notice its existence. Although the brand may sound a little dodgy, we still intend to give it a good try. This morning I had a few sips and decided that it tastes fantastic. There is nothing wrong with it at all.

We have tried many different combinations before. This time I am going to make my milk shakes a lot simpler by using only two key ingredients, the banana and the almond milk. Adding ice cream can somehow create a frothy texture. I like it most of the time. Sometimes Alex don't, depending on the flavour I make.

Banana & Almond Milk Shake

Makes 2 milk shakes

Apparatus:

Blender

Ingredients:

1 red tip banana
1 1/2 cup almond milk
2 scoops french vanilla ice cream
1 tsp concentrated vanilla essense

Methods:

1 Blend all ingredients starting from banana then gradually add in other ingredients.
2 Pour into two tall glasses and chill in the fridge for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment