Friday, August 27, 2010
Minted Pea Soup
1 leek, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 baby cos lettuce, thoroughly washed & roughly chopped
400-500g frozen peas
1.5 cups vegetable stock
0.5 bunch mint
Salt & pepper
Spoonful cream, to serve
1. Saute leek & garlic until soft.
2. Add shredded lettuce & peas to the pan with sugar and a little of the stock.
3. When lettuce and peas are soft, remove to a food processor and puree until smooth, adding mint and as much stock as needed for a smooth mixture.
4. Return mixture to pan and gradually add the remainder of the stock until the soup is the thickness you like and season to taste.
5. To serve, add a spoonful of cream to the base of each bowl, then add the soup and swirl cream through.