Monday, July 12, 2010

Crumbled Apple Slice

One of the girls at work made a beautiful crumbled apple slice and immediately I asked her for its recipe. I have been long dying to try this recipe and having a day off work today is just perfect for this occasion. One can easily buy this from the local supermarket but I still prefer to DIY as I have no confidence with the ingredients they used in the commercial products. The girl who gave me this recipe used a can of pie apple as its core ingredient and like I mentioned earlier, I do not fancy using pre-packaged commercial product, hence I figured another way to prepare my apple slices. How was the result? It was simple to make yet perfect to eat. I am definitely loving it!





Crumbled Apple Slice

Apparatus:

Slice pan
Saucepan
Ingredients:

Flour mixture:

1 1/2 cup self raising flour
1 1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup cane sugar
3/4 cup grapeseed oil (or 180g butter)
1 egg

Apple mixture:

2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
5 tbsp grapeseed oil
5 tsp cane sugar
1 tsp conc. vanilla extract
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder

Methods:

1 Stew apple in a saucepan for 10 to 15 minutes until apple soften.
2 Preheat oven to 180C. Lightly grease an 18x28cm slice pan.
3 In large bowl, combine flour, coconut and sugar. Mix in grapeseed oil (or butter) and egg. Press half mixture evenly into prepared pan.
4 Cover base with apple mixture. Crumble the remaining mixture over apple.
5 Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Cool in pan. Cut into squares

1 comment:

  1. Mia, this is your new blog ? very lovely blog, follow you as usual.

    ReplyDelete